Tuesday, January 15, 2019

My Hot Tea Month Celebration, Part 1








   Day 1,        It's the New Year !   I hope yours is blessed with health and happiness!
   It's also  National Hot Tea Month. I'm celebrating by
 trying  a different tea in a different tea cup each day!
          This is  English Tea Shop white tea, in my Homer Laughlin Dogwood teacup.
          I am also sharing tea stories, quotes, history, etiquette, and much more on my 
          vintagey page, Vintage Treasures by Grandmalay, on facebook



Day 2       I have a pretty Christmas tree mug by Johnson Bros.
 My dear friend gave me the red teakettle, and I'm drinking
 Bigelow Constant Comment tea flavored with orange rind and spices!
 Mother says"It will warm the cockles of your heart! " 




Day 3       I am visiting a dear friend, Sandee. We have the best talks, nicest lunches
 at her house and often a cuppa tea.  Today I chose Twinings Earl Grey
.  (Click on Earl Grey, to find out what it is exactly)
 It smells so wonderful!



Day 4,    
January 4, 2019,  My niece, Payton McGinniss, graduated from US Navy Recruit Training
The family is so excited and proud of her!  This is really special!

First female in our family to join the Armed Forces! 
Just graduated from U.S.Navy Recruitment Training
I'm proudly showing some Navy china and silver tea service, as I celebrate her
 accomplishment and new career! I have more stories about Navy stuff here:
Scroll down and look at this Navy china and silver. 
My friend is deceased now, and this very special collection, has been dispersed 
and sold by a daughter that didn't appreciate the value of a finely curated collection
 like this.You'll probably never see such a remarkable assemblage of Navy ship's items. 




  Day 5      The grandkids and I are enjoying the last of the Christmas cookies.
      I'm using Julie's Christmas dishes, but Em has her own little teapot 
and her own tiny teacup with ballet slippers on it. 
We're sipping raspberry tea, by Celestial Seasonings




Day 6   I am having black currant tea with sriracha honey, at sister Beverly's.
           The Sisters mug, is a gift from Shirley!






Day 7        Happy Birthday Ted!  he turned 72 years young today! 
                    We had tea in our red and white English Chippendale cups,
This is my favorite personal china set! 
              Hibiscus Superflower Strawberry tea






Day 8       Pretty old cup Victoria, Elite Work Austria, and a mismatched Limoges saucer.
  I took my tea on my bed tray, as I was feeling under the weather. 
It was Good Earth  decaf vanilla chai tea.




Day 9       I tried Red Tea  Rooibus tea, Pomegranate Vanilla in a pretty
 United Sealy china cup,made in Japan.






Day 10   
Here's a lovely Paragon  teacup in my collection, 
 Just Bromley green tea today!
  My doctor says she wants me to drink 3 cups of green tea every day!



Day 11     My favorite tea partner!   Tea with Miss Emilie, 
                           with her very own teapot, Roselawn, Johnson Bros.
                                                      and little teacups with ballet shoes are Astor Lane.                            
               We love celestial seasonings raspberry tea!




Day 12       Delicious homemade ginger tea, a recipe by Joanna Rooney,
                   in a pretty blue-lined china  cup  the ginger tea is good for you,
                   one of the teas to drink when you have a cold or other problems.



       

Day 13        An  old  FTD teacup full of  Republic of Tea Hibiscus Tea,
                     and a special treat of red velvet cheesecake.




Day 14       Royal Victoria cup and saucer with some Stash Lemon Blossom tea 




      Day 15      Tonight I'm having Bigelow green tea in a lovely bone china tea cup,
                               Irish Elegance Royal Standard, while sitting on my bed.
                               Early to bed tonight,, trying to get rid of this flu.
                                 


         Thank you for coming to my tea party!
        This is the middle of the month and concludes Part I of my National Hot Tea Month celebration!
           Hope you'll have tea with a friend, or if you can't be together- call her while you're
        relaxing with your tea.

         Nighty-night!  Sweet dreams and happy teatimes!
Love,  Linda


1 comment:

Grandma Linda's Daydreams said...

teatime, I'd hoped you'd join me! I'm testing to see if "comments" is working. - Me