Friday, January 25, 2019

Happy Blog-Anniversary to Me!

 Eight years ago, I started blogging, with my grandbaby on my lap. Now he's a  8-yr. old cub scout, a big brother,  and I'm enjoying being a grandma more than ever!   His little sister started pre-K this year, and loves having tea with me, and baking together.  I am their Granny-Nanny, and we have the most fun together, and spent most of our time together! 
 I have other  beautiful grandkids too! Three grade-school girls, three in college, and one is a young mother, who made me a great-grandma last March!


Tom and Emilie


My first great-grandchild!   Johnny Nelson Jr.

 I started the blog on my mother's 80th birthday and she turned 88 yesterday!

Mother and me, we were singing, as we do each night!

    I wanted my blog to be about being a grandmother, and sharing my faith, my love of family,
  home and garden.
     I wanted to share my passion for vintage goodness and antiques.   My intention was for  the blog to help me become a better writer, give me experience with photo-editing, and help me grow and promote my vintage business.  I've made a little progress, but I am still learning.


 The Etsy shop is just 7 years old, and a success. I just reached 1500 sales!  I  would rather have a physical store, but I have a lot more contact with customers than you would expect. 

My faith has grown stronger and  God has blessed me with restored health. I'm a breast cancer survivor, almost 4 years out of treatment.  I am so grateful for my life and take nothing for granted.

My blog is a history of my breast cancer journey, a story of accepting the loss of my son, and  lessons learned through all the ups and downs.  I hope it will be a celebration of my life, and an expression of gratitude for all my blessings!
  I blog, because I must write, and  follow other bloggers with similar interests and ideals.
 Here's to more writing, more sharing and more great connections!  I'll be joining more blog parties, and passing along lots of good inspiration and information in this New year!

    Thank you for following my blog and for your comments!
Love, Linda

No comments: