Sunday, May 3, 2020

Bagel Baking


    Well, being home a lot more, with everything closed down, I am cooking and baking a little bit more!
    I've been  baking these easy 2-ingredient-bagels, trying different varieties.   They are so easy and it's nice to make fresh bagels when I can't get out to the store.

My daughter Julie taught me to make these.
Super easy and so good!, Everything Bagels
 



These are "Everything Bagels"
They sell the Everything Seasoning 
in the spice section at all the grocery stores.


 

At  home I tried them with Mrs.Dash. 


They were great, but very soft, so I'll knead them more next time to try to 
get a little chewier texture. 

Then a week later, I only had Blueberry Yogurt. So I made them , with some
 frozen blueberries mixed in at the last minute.


     They were messy, as the berries softened and got squishy, juicy, so they weren't 
shaped as neatly.  I think the extra liquid, from the fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt made
 them tougher, but I liked them chewy! 
 Now, if I only knew how to make cream cheese, since I am out of that!  




      Perfect!   Ugly, but delicious, chewy and fruity!  It's fun to experiment,
    and use what you have!  
        Next I want to make cinnamon raisin bread in my bread machine! 
     Do you have a good recipe?
                              
                                           Love, Linda










No comments: