Sunday, April 26, 2020

I Live In Faith Not Fear

I am feeling like sharing a message of hope today.
The news is always so scary, we don't know whether to believe the Coronavirus threat is going away, case numbers declining or not.  Are they counting correctly, or jacking up numbers of fatalities that were not really caused by COVID-19?   It will be a while before we will know the exact truth. There is so much going on in the world, within our country there is dissent, much concern, and we can't ignore that, but we must remain calm and hopeful.   It will take a while before everyone feels "normal" again, before we recover from the trauma of isolation,  devastating financial problems, and  stressful fear.  I am troubled by the seriousness of this deadly virus.  I am concerned about health-care workers- my daughter is a nurse.  I know we must protect the elderly. My own mother is among the vulnerable.   But I feel we will get through it. We are showing a steady decline of positive cases, and we can sensibly begin to return to our jobs and activities if we follow the common sense guidelines that the Task Force and our local officials recommend.


 I have not panicked or hoarded, and it's because I have a peace that comes from simply trusting in the Lord. He is still in control.  I know that God will take care of me.  I am not afraid of dying, and know that He will care for me, protect me and give me strength that people without  faith cannot understand.  They may think I'm silly, or ignorant, or in denial.   But I choose to live in faith, not fear.
I've been saddened by rejection of a couple people I tried to pray with.  How can you live without faith?
 I've felt bad when I couldn't help them with their anxiety, because they didn't want anything to do with hearing a Bible verse,  or just letting me pray with them.  My boyfriend expressed concern that I may be becoming a "religious fanatic".
 Still, why would I not want to share with you, the answer to calming your fear, making you feel safe, when I know in my heart that God is real, he cares for you and me.   My mother and I still sing, over the phone, every night, Does Jesus Care? , because the song has special meaning to her and me.


 Please don't suffer, when you can just trust in Him, believing there is hope.
 Please don't feel alone, because He is always with you.


 I am at times worried about my business recovering. So is everyone else.  But I do believe that Americans are strong and resilient, and will get out there again soon,  and be the consumers they are, and we will thrive once again.  I have to believe, and keep building my business, working to grow my business. I have been using this lock-down time wisely to do things I usually don't have time for.  Polishing, painting, organizing, refinishing, repairing  all my vintage treasures. I started a new online store , so maybe I can stay viable while the physical store has to be closed, and my Etsy is failing .

I was surprised to find my small tree
blossoming, when I made a recent
 " curbside pick-up"  delivery.  A sign of hope?

This is the storefront, St.Patrick's Day,
right before we had to close down.

 More importantly- I am helping home-school my grandkids, and planting seeds of God's word in their hearts.  I'm planting containers with vegetable seeds too, doing practical things, during the quarantine.
 Grow through
 what 
   you go through


Every little bit helps, so being frugal, growing things, taking
 extra special care of ourselves and our family,
staying in touch with our friends, and being extra kind
is what we can all do.


I'm hopeful and pray you are feeling hopeful too!
 Please leave me a comment , so I know someone
is reading my blog, and so I can pray for you!
Be safe, stay well and have faith- there is hope!

Love, Linda

No comments: