Sunday, October 20, 2019

5 Year Survivor of Breast Cancer


      Five years is a big deal to a breast cancer survivor. 
 It's when the oncologist might say, "You're cancer-free", or
 "You can stop taking the Arimidex, that causes you so much joint and muscle pain".
At least ,that's what I dream of hearing at my biannual appointment tomorrow!



           Breast cancer steals lives and body parts, does damage to your body and mind, 
       but I am very blessed to have come through it very well.  Many are not so "lucky". 
            I was challenged, and my life was threatened, but I'm healed and stronger now.
           I've learned to trust the Lord more fully,   He was always with me. 

           I urge you to do self-exams and get mammograms because early detection 
           can save your life. It can make treatment much simpler and more effective, 
            if you are diagnosed with breast cancer. 





    With the support of friends and family, and God's grace and healing, 
I have survived!   I learned a lot too.


     But for now, let me say, I am so grateful to be here, alive and happy, feeling pretty well,
    for an old lady.  I know I'm a real senior citizen now, because I got my Medicare card!

     They still needed me, and still loved me, when I was 64!   At 65, I'm blessed to still be able
      to keep up with the grandkids. I can still go to soccer practices and games, cub scouts,
     and parades where they are on a float, even if I limp a little. 
     They still want to snuggle with me, help bake cookies, and have me pray with them at the
     school bus-stop. I don't know who enjoys it more- me or them!
     So, I think I'm doing pretty well, and I feel very blessed!

     Family, friends, sister survivors, support groups members, ministers, prayer partners-
     Thank you all, for your love and prayers, encouragement and wise counsel.
     I could not have faced this alone, your support means everything.
     Thank you for all your help and listening, thoughtful gestures and gifts
     that helped me so much.
     Thank you to all those wonderful professionals who have cared for me at the hospital,
      doctor's offices, diagnostic centers, and labs.
       Doctors, nurses, physical therapist, technicians, receptionists, all of you!
      Your incredible expertise and overwhelming kindness have not gone unnoticed
       or unappreciated, and will always be remembered!
     

Love, Linda

No comments: