Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Daughter Amy- " Beloved"




My youngest daughter was born two days before Mother's Day, in 1979.   I called her my " bonus baby", because I already had a  "rich man's family", one of each, and she was a total surprise!
Amy, and Julie at 3 and 4

 Amy has always been such a joy!  A really cute little kid, and so smart!  Just a sweet little girl, who was an excellent student, loved music and dance, kittens, was quite an artist, loved crafts.  A girl scout, 4H member,  peer mentor, an all around good girl, loving sister, very responsible---a natural leader.  So it was no surprise when she excelled in  her high school and college studies, became a teacher, then went to work at a college while she pursued her masters' degree. She loves campus life and working with young people, and they look up to her.  She grows her thick, shiny hair real long,  and donates it every couple years to Locks of Love. 




 She wants to spend time with me. Has treated me to a cruize and  other vacation trips.  One time we went to Disney world together , when she auditioned for a singing job on Disney Cruizelines.  Another time we went to San Diego.  We love to go out to eat and occasionally go out and  sing Kareoke.

Amy and me, cruize to the Bahamas 2008

 I have always enjoyed my visits with her on the various campuses where she has worked, and love seeing her make a home wherever she is, a dorm, or an apartment.  Sometimes, her birthday falls on Mother's Day, so we've often celebrated together, just the two of us.
  She has a really cool loft apartment in the RCA Victor building now!  She has just successfully completed her first exciting, but very demanding year of Law School.  I went to visit her for her birthday with Thomas, and we ordered pizza and watched Annie.  I am so proud to see her being such a devoted, loving aunt to her sister's baby, and her brother's older kids.
 Happy Birthday, Dear Amy!







































No comments: