Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Chemo is working! Yay!

First of all the good news, My chemotherapy is working!
 After the first four treatments (Adriamycin and Cyclophosphamide),
my tumor is shrinking and that really makes me happy.
 12 more weekly treatments to go!  It's another drug called Taxol.

Infusion room- I am receiving chemo through a port in my chest.
I have about four hours, of sitting.  I'm not used to sitting around.
And sometimes I am blessed with my sister or daughter accompanying me,
 and precious time to "jib-jab", as Beverly calls it..
But if I go alone, I get lots of correspondence caught up,
 and read or write in my journal.
 The cancer treatments are very time consuming and I have to return to the hospital for an important Neulasta  injection the day after also.  My blood cell counts  days later, have been great!
 There are some side effects like nausea, vomiting,  aches in joints and fatigue, but my symptoms have been minimal and manageable with the meds. they have prescribed.
 

My girls gave me this cute outfit, and it's cozy warm too.


But my other days  are very important either spent with the grandchildren
or working for my clients , painting and cleaning.


I love taking naps with Emilie on the days I watch her.
 She has just turned 6 months, and we have the most fun with her, she's such a joy!!
Mommy Julie and Miss Emilie,  at six months!


 And Aunt Amy and we love being very silly,
 with Halloween pumpkins and  other holiday fun.

My daughter made me this very special pumpkin!

Today,  after treatment I went to vote.  It meant so much to me- I almost cried, I'm so emotional!
 I really felt honored to have a chance to vote.
 Then I came home and saw this cute post on facebook.

Tommy, age 4, being creative with Aunt Amy and sidewalk chalk.
 No school today, but he still got lessons in civics and other things.
 



Be of good courage,
and he shall strengthen your heart,
all ye that hope in the Lord.
Psalm 31:24

 
So although I have  a lot to go through right now,  I have so much joy in my life.
 Family and friends are sticking by closer than ever, indulging me
 with sweet  presents and deep concern, so I'm feeling truly loved and blessed.
The prayers and thoughtful gestures have been tremendous and so comforting.

Just keep living your life to the fullest, and loving 
and trusting God and I know you'll be blessed!

Love, Linda

 

No comments: