Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Paintbrush Thief

   

I was painting a client's exterior doors and she offered me some refreshments.
I  thought they were terrific!  Tasty, low cal,  and fun to make. 
So yesterday, I made some!
They make a quick lunch or a  party treat.


 Wasa Treat
  1.    Take a Wasa   Crisp and Light 7 grain crackerbread, 
  2.     just  spread lightly with garlic and herb flavor goat cheese.
  3.    Then arrange  grape tomato halves,
  4.    and drizzle with balsamic glaze.  

  Balsamic Glaze Recipe
 1 cup balsamic vinegar
 2 tablespoons brown sugar
 1 tablespoon soy sauce
 Combine in a small saucepan.  bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes,
 until thick and syrupy.
When cool, pour into a squirt bottle. If you try to pour it from a cruet, it's just not as pretty.
 Keeps well in refrigerator.
Use to decorate plates like the restaurants do, and drizzle on meats and vegetables for great flavor!


"What's on your Wasa?"  www.wasa-usa.com
 Yum!

For another sweet treat,These light and crispy crackers are also good 
with a smear of plain goat cheese and toasted almond honey!
Just toast some almond slices and mix with honey. 
More delicious ideas on their website, and facebook!


What the heck?

Oh my goodness, I was painting away, minding my own business when I heard a rustling.  
I figured it was the owner's cats, and I was concerned about them sneaking out,
 while I had to have the doors opened.  The next thing I knew, I felt this furry thing 
wrapping around my ankles. I turned around  and caught this  long weasel dragging
  my paint brush down the hall.  Surprised, I exclaimed,
 "Where did you come from, you're not a cat!"
 The owner 's daughter quickly arrived and scooped up her cute but mischievous,  ferret friend. 
Oh my goodness! That was a  funny surprise! 


 He was sweet and very friendly!  I quickly tried to get some pictures,
 but with my hands full of paint and the ferret's quick movements, I couldn't really get a good shot!. 


  Oh, by the way,  the front door looks great. 
 Big change for the owner, a girl who likes to play it safe with neutrals.  



Before


After 



Isn't it beautiful?  Don't you love the pop of color? 
 Just needs a couple flower pots along side it, maybe topiaries. 

  Off to paint, another exterior door, hoping it doesn't rain today,
 and watching out for pets, and  where I set down my paintbrushes!  

Love, Linda 

I joined the blog hop , a link up for older bloggers!


and 


1 comment:

Artsy VaVa said...

I love the color of the door!