Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Father's Day!





Daddy, he's trying to pedal as hard as you.

Grandpop, he's trying to do just what you showed him
I love this photo of my son-in-law holding newborn  baby Thomas in his hands.

"Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy! 
 I never knew I could feel this kind of love.
My life is forever changed.
Dear God, Thank you for this child, and help me
raise him and teach him all that is good,
 help me become  the kind of father he needs."
- a new Daddy's prayer


Fathers, grandfathers,
stepfathers and fathers-in-law,
 for your unconditional love, your care and guidance,
we thank you, we love you, and we honor you! 

 

Yesterday, June 12, was National Peanut Butter Cookie Day,
and that's what I made for my Daddy, they are his favorite! 
 He  lives in Delaware, and he'll get the package
 for Father's Day.


Daddy's Favorite!   Peanut Butter Cookies
Mix together thoroughly..........1/2 cup butter
                                                           1/2 cup peanut butter
                                        1/2 sugar
                                                          1/2 cup brown sugar
                                              1 egg            
                                                 
  Sift together and stir in............1 1/4 cups flour
                                                             1/2 tsp. baking powder
                                                           3/4  tsp. baking soda 
                                            1/4 tsp. salt
 Chill, roll into 1 " balls. Place on cookie sheet 3 " apart.
 Flatten with fork.... crisscross. 
 Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
makes about 3 dozen.
This recipe is from an old Betty Crocker  Picture Cookbook


Love, Linda

1 comment:

Debra said...

This was beautiful! I got all teared up

THEN I got all teared up again thinking how much I would like a peanut butter cookie and didn't have any

They look SOOOOOOOOOOO good