Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Joy To You!



Adorable image courtesy of Bumble Button

"The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
while visions of sugarplums danced in their heads."


And Grandma just had a cup of tea, because she has hours to go before she sleeps.
Label on bottom says "Voagco  Ceramics Japan "
 I picked this up when I traveled south recently.

I bought some Land O'Lakes Lite butter by accident.  Then I thought I'd go ahead and use it, because it will be better for us.  It did not perform well.  My Russian Teacakes and Pecan Fingers dough doesn't act right, and bake light at all!  Now I'm not going to get the cookies I wanted to take tomorrow night to a seven-fishes dinner.   Silly me!  Isn't "Lite Butter", or  "low-fat butter" an oxymoron? 
  I'll have to get some more butter in the morning and make something else.

I attended a middle school concert the other night.  My granddaughter sang beautifully, and it filled my heart with joy!   The teacher is marvelous, she recently won a big award, which included a piano for the high school! She had the girls dressed in lovely ensembles,  black velvet tops and long, black satin skirts.  They wore pearl earrings and necklaces- very elegant!   It's so good to see young people enthusiastically  participate in choral programs, lifting their harmonious voices to bless us with glorious songs that honor the holidays! 
 Pure joy for grandmas!

The lovely singer,  Amber and her very proud Grandma Linda
Image from Back Porch Graphics

I've been getting emotional when I hear the Christmas music.
  I still cry when I hear "The Christmas Shoes", and "I'll Be Home For Christmas"!
But I love the music, it means so much to me to really feel Christmas,
 and all of it's true meaning.
 I hope you keep Christmas, and a song in your heart too!

Have a wonderful Christmas! 
May you keep Christmas in your heart
all year long!
Precious image from www.littlebirdieblessings.blogspot.com

Happy Birthday, Dear Jesus!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Linda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you, Linda! May the Lord fill you to overflowing this season with His love and hope in the new year! You were such a mentor to me to start my blogging - thank you for being used of the Lord to move me forward in this rewarding venture this year!
Joy!
Kathy

Myric said...

Hi Linda! It is very nice to meet you! I enjoyed your stories about your grandchildren! I didn't grow up having a grandma. Your grandchildren are so blessed to have you :)
They are so adorable! Thank you for following my blog and leaving a sweet comment! I am excited to know you more through your blog!

xoxo
Myric

Jessa said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Years to you too!

Unknown said...

Dear Linda,
I'm so happy you found my blog as it has brought me to yours. I love your photo's...the child sleeping, dreaming of Santa and your lovely young Granddaughter who has made her grandma so proud, and who sings like an angel...and that beautiful tea cup that helped you stay awake to finish all your lovely tasks....I'm now following as I'm sure it will be a great New Year to meet new blogging friends...
Kindredly,
Shirley