Wednesday, January 24, 2018

7 years blogging!

Happy Blog-Anniversary to me!


love blogging and visiting all kinds of blogs, but mine has been stagnant
for a while.  On my anniversary,  it's the perfect time to get going again. 
            Often called "lucky 7", seven "means you're literally winning in life".
            On the internet I read, "You're on the right path, keep going forward 
             in the direction you're heading. 
 So, onward and upward! 
This is my mother!
   I started the blog on Mother's 80th birthday,
with my baby grandson on my lap. He's
 now a smart 2nd-grader with a sweet little
3-year old sister, and I'm still their granny-nanny!
  She's celebrating her 87th birthday now
It's wonderful that I still have her, after a couple
 difficult years. She's getting older and has some
 health issues and "wear and tear".
    But she's had a marvelous birthday with
 lots of family visits, parties, luncheons,
showers of  love, cards and gifts.
She looks great, and knows how loved she is! 
   I told you, when I was little, I thought she was
 Betty Crocker,  the lady on the cake mix box! 
I wrote about that in January 2013.





  I'm thankful for a loving mother, who loves the 
Lord and is a great encouragement to me! 
We still sing,"Does Jesus Care" together every day!

 So here are some pretty teacups and pots! 
 See more interesting posts  about tea on my facebook page,
Vintage Treasures by Grandmalay .
I've been celebrating all month with tea parties with Miss Emilie, my darling 3 year old granddaughter. I am daily featuring different cups and teas. Lots of fun tea facts and quotes!
 I hope you enjoy my selection. Some are for sale in my online Etsy shop .
Some are just my own personal favorites.

$22.00, plus shipping,  you may order in comments

Some things I learned about tea this month
  •  4 major types of tea, black, green and white tea,  are all from the same plant,
  • the way the leaves are treated, processed makes the  different types of teas 
  •  Charleston Tea Plantation, S.C. is the only place tea is grown in the continental U.S. ( the on mainland, some tea is grown in Hawaii)
  • Darjeeling is the "Champagne of tea"

Tea (n.)   a hug in a mug

Little teatime snack in my kitchen. 
chocolate almond spread on croissants
Love  my Christmas angel from DIL Anne,
 she now stays in my kitchen all year long!


 I love my red and white kitchen


 my red and white transferware,


English Chippendale, Johnson  Bros.,  Made in England


I have a whole set of these pretty dishes,  I love using it
 around Christmas and Valentine's Day, especially .


Brown transferware, by Johnson Bros. too.
I love using these dishes in the fall, they're mix-and matched.
 I  just made my daddy his favorite- Peanut Butter Cookies
and I had to sample them before I shipped them . 

cute  altered tea cup wall hanging
 comes ready to hang. www.etsy.com/listing/573828854

heart cup in my Etsy shop
www.etsy.com/listing/57387712
I love tea and thee!


Julie's antique Wedgewood blue transferware teacup
It was her great grandmother's


My little sweetheart, Miss Emilie having a tea party with me


 Pink chintz tea cup, and a delicious strawberry tea!

Royal Victoria
 www.etsy.com/listing/225410710

  Debbie Mumm
$9.99, plus shipping


$22.00, plus shipping

Royal Taunton
Today I'd like to sit and sip,
Forget about the world a bit,
Ignore the things I have to do
And just enjoy a cup or two.
-Author Unknown

Add caption

" Tea is liquid wisdom"
       -Terri Guillemets




"A cup of tea is a cup of peace"
                            -SoshitsaSenXV


"Life is like a cup of tea, 
to be filled to the brim 
and enjoyed with friends"


So have a cup of soothing tea with me and Mother!


 Love, Linda

No comments: