Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012 ! A Happy New Year!

image courtesy of  Speckled Egg Blog, home of vintage treasures
 and artsy treats @ http://www.speckled-egg.blogspot.com/



Fresh start,
brand new year,
lots of plans to make,
dreams to fulfill.






"Cheers to a New Year, and another chance for us to get it right! "        ---Oprah Winfrey







  I  wish to thank all of my blogging friends for sharing your stories, your talents and creativity,  your wit and wisdom, your laughter and your faith!  It has been so much fun and I've learned so much from you.   I'm so grateful for your support and encouragement!  I wish you all a healthy, prosperous, and  Happy New Year!








 Happy bells from ImagiMeri, go visit her and see more lovely images!


Do you know where the expression "ringing in the new year "
came from?  I like to look up origins of phrases. A great site,
 www.phrases.org.uk.bulletin-board/45/messages/116.html says,
"It used to be customary in England to "ring out" the old year at
 midnight on New Years Eve, by tolling the church bells as though
 for a person who had died, and  "ring in" the new year with a
cheerful peal. There is a well-known poem by Tennyson,
 written in 1850, that refers to this custom.  This is the first verse:


        Ring out the old, ring in the new,
        Ring happy bells, across the snow,
        The year is going, let him go.
        Ring out the false, ring in the true.'

posted by Victoria Dennis, on  December 30,2005

  
image from http://www.hiphappy.com/
Love, Linda

9 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

Stopping in to wish you a very happy 2012!

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathryn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog... I love finding new creative blogs to check out! I love your picture of Thomas the elf! So adorable!! Now following via GFC. :)

kathryn@www.uglyducklingtransformations.wordpress.com

Cindy Adkins said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Linda! I love that darling vintage image in your post!
Hugs, Cindy @ Art,Books,Tea

Terry said...

Hi, Linda!

Thank you! I am your newest follower too!

Happy New Year!
Terry

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Have a wonderful 2012!
Veronica

Cindy Adkins said...

Happy New Year to you!!!! I hope it is wonderful and filled with blessings!!! XO Cindy

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I found your blog link!!!!! Thought the only thing I could connect to, was your Google+. And I could not connect, there. But found your blog link! :-)

Thank you for your sweet comments in my blog, and for Following me. I myself, don't use the regular Blogger Follower button, or Google Reader any more, since they changed.

A friend showed me how to make a separate/private blog, connect to it, on my regular blog, and it shows me when there are new posts, on the blogs I like to watch. I don't choose to show my List of Blogs openly, because hard feelings can occur if one changes one's reading. -sigh-

Anyway, thank you for coming and commenting.

Gentle hugs to you...

Sweet Melanie said...

It was so nice of you to visit my new blog and become a folower....thank you so much.I am enjoying looking at everyone else's blogs and getting so many ideas...it's a little confusing, but I know I'll get it one day, lol! I am looking forward to checking out everyone when I have the time, you sound so intriguing in all that you do. So nice to meet you!