Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spring is coming! Hallelujah!



Thank you Lord, for helping me get through the winter. For keeping me warm and safe when cold wind blew furiously, and we endured two months of below-normal temperatures. You gave me strength when the days were shorter, and darker, and you helped me keep positive when everyday chores seemed harder,while fighting a cold.   I learned to trust that you would supply all my needs when heating bills were straining my budget, and my business was almost dead.


Thank you, for my car starting every frosty morning when I had to race to my grandchild's house before his mommy left for work.

Thank you for the beauty of winter snowfalls, crystallized trees, and comforts of home: savory soups simmering, and cookies baking.  For the many delights of the holiday season, and the peace and joy of a Christmas spirit that hopefully lingers all year long.
 For love and affection I felt, both given and received for Valentine's Day.



But thank you for the first glorious signs of spring, the snow disappearing, trees and flowers budding and the early robins searching for worms.  It makes me smile to see boisterous neighbor kids in T-shirts cruisin' on their bicycles, and playing  backyard ball games after school, for the first time in months.
 I look forward to Easter celebrations and warmer days spent gardening and walking with my baby grandson. I feel an exciting sense of my own spiritual growth and renewal with spring's approach!
With gratitude I watch the seasons come and go. ,

Vintage clip art, by http://vintagefeedsacks.blogspot.com/



Some of us have a little cabin-fever. As a late-winter outing, we braved strong seashore winds
 in Atlantic City last weekend, for the annual car auction and antiques  show. 
            I must say that not only men like cars!  Here's some of my favorites.

1961 Cadillac Convertible

1960 Cadillac Convertible

1955 Ford Thunderbird

1965 Pontiac GTO Convertible

1957  Ford Thunderbird

1923 Oldsmobile V8 Touring Car
This rare old car was exhibited in a museum in Kentucky for years.



I have a wonderful source for automotive literature . Please contact me with your requests.

I met an antique jewelry dealer with a gorgeous collection of cameos!

                           


Then I took a walk on the boardwalk and a look at the ocean, and I still feel small.

It was a nice weekend!

While cleaning a house yesterday, I saw this beautiful picture of a seashore cottage.


Cape May Cottage, by Thomas Kinkade

So now, I'm daydreaming about summertime "down the shore". I am very fortunate to have a
client in Cape May, who has me prepare his rental units each spring for the tourist season!   I look forward to staying there for a few days in May. 

No comments: