Monday, March 10, 2014

My feelings About Mandatory Health Care Insurance

I know we needed to do health care reform, but I don't like being fined or taxed for not having insurance.  It seems ridiculous, because the only reason I would risk having no insurance, is because I can't afford it.   So I haven't had any medical care in 20 years, except  essential screening at a Woman's Clinic, a pap smear and mammogram,and minor dermatological work that I paid for out-of-pocket.  I feel betrayed and afraid of the impending penalty, of essentially being punished again for not making enough money.  I can't understand it.  I've already been without care all these years, but I've tried to live a healthy life of proper nutrition, excercise and  practicing safety.
 I never smoked, or drank excessively or used drugs.
  I think the answer was to reduce health care costs, and change the laws that enable well-meaning doctors and practitioners to be sued so readily.    If the doctors didn't have to buy so much insurance to protect them from lawsuits, they wouldn't have to charge so much for their services.  I  feel like I won't be able to take care of myself with any more tax burden.
 It almost feels like I can't afford to live.  The stress of rising rent, costs of living increases,  for essentials like gasoline, and food. is enough to make one sick.  Seriously, the anxiety of trying to just "get by", for the average low-income hard-working person is going to get worse, for me and many people I know.
I think some people who don't have faith , that God will supply all their needs somehow, and those who suffer depression and other emotional problems will not be able to cope with this. 
Thank God, I know I'll  always be okay.  But during  these times of such a bad economy, when there's not enough work and you can't get payed enough when you do work to pay the rent or mortgage ,  mandatory car insurance, we can't pay more taxes and fines for not having health insurance.
 Rant over

No comments: